Dancers Call Out for ‘EXPLORE’ professional development Programme
The EXPLORE programme is delivered in partnership with our affiliated organisation Ransack Dance Company. The programme involves skills sharing and training across community dance and dance performance practices, training our staff to work between our two organisations. Each year we also invite a number of independent artists into the programme who would like to up-skill in these areas.
Successful applicants will receive the following training opportunities:
– Joining Ransack Dance Company in an open research and development rehearsal week, to explore choreographic ideas for their new work.
– Daily professional company class with Ransack Dance Company during the week.
– Paid shadowing and supported teaching opportunities on our community dance programme.
– Mentoring and feedback sessions with our Development Officer/Dance Leader and Ransack’s Artistic Director.
– Attendance at our community dance practice CPD day.
The above activity will be paid at a training wage of £60 per day (living wage) to cover expenses and your time attending the activities.
– Open rehearsal week with Ransack Dance Company: Monday 18th to Friday 22nd July, 10am to 4pm
– Performance sharing (linked in with our summer school show!): Friday 29th July. Artists will need to be available during the day time for rehearsals and show at 6pm.
–Community dance practice CPD day: (Dates to be confirmed between participating artists)
-Shadowing and mentoring sessions will take place throughout the end of June and July and can be arranged with each individual artist
*Artists must be able to commit to all of the above dates
All training will take place in various venues across Rhondda Cynon Taff with the open rehearsal week and performance taking place in Pontypridd
Information of specific venues for each activities will be sent to successful applicants
How to Apply:
EXPLORE is an adult training programme (ages 18+) and open to emerging professional dancers and physical theatre practitioners, dancers in training and dance teachers.
For an application form email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday 20th June 5pm
For more info about our affiliated organisation and Explore Programme partners, Ransack Dance Company visit: ransackdance.co.uk | @RansackDance
We encourage applications from people who are underrepresented in the dance sector, including those from minority ethnic backgrounds, people who are neurodivergent, disabled people and people from the LGBTQ+ community.