Become a Welsh Language Creative Ambassador
We are looking for a team of Welsh Language Creative Ambassador Volunteers to help shape how Artis Community Cymuned works as a fully bilingual organisation. In 2022 we will move into our new multi-million pound home at YMa in Pontypridd and as a Welsh Language Creative Ambassador, you will help us raise awareness of Artis Community Cymuned’s work in YMa and across Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil amongst Welsh speaking communities. You will also help shape our Welsh language strategy and promote the language and the arts throughout the community ensuring accessibility for Welsh learners and fluent speakers alike.
Objective(s) of role
- To produce and promote the development of a Welsh language programme of events
- Research and develop a bilingual communications plan for Artis Community Cymuned and YMa
- Produce a Welsh language Creative Conversations event
- Raise awareness of Artis Community Cymuned and our events, by engaging with the local community through the Welsh language.
- Raise awareness of our new multi-million pound Place for Creativity, Culture and the Arts at our new home in YMa, Pontypridd.
- Raise the profile of Artis Community Cymuned and YMa, promoting both organisations in the Welsh language using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Achieve increased engagement with the community through the medium of Welsh in person and online to generate as much attendance to YMa and Artis Community’s events and projects around the county as well as traffic to our website and social media channels.
- Share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Collaborate with the Artis team to manage reputation, identify key contacts and co-ordinate actions.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Confident in speaking to the public in Welsh and taking flyers to organisations
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and engage with learning opportunities with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- An interest in the arts.
- Local knowledge would also be valuable in this role.
What will I get in return?
In return we will offer learning opportunities in programming, event planning, marketing and communications with training, master-classes and direct contact with our team of arts professionals. You will also gain exclusive offers and discounts on events happening at YMa.
What to do next?
Get in touch with our Volunteer Co-Ordinator Emily Edwards, she would love to hear from you: email@example.com